Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A Front Yard Circus!

Jacob was invited to his friend Hudson's 2nd birthday party on Saturday. His mom, Katie, is in my Friday playgroup and she is actually due with her 2nd baby a couple of weeks after me. The party was held at her house and it was circus themed. Let me tell you, she must have started planning this party the day after Hudson turned 1. It was fantastic!! Unfortunately, I was not born with that creative gene (sorry Jacob.) There was a snow cone machine, popcorn machine, cotton candy machine, games and prizes for the kids, dress up costumes, and "Cookie the clown" was there to entertain the kids. I really don't think Jacob could have had MORE fun. I told Katie that I will be hiring her to plan Jacob's 3rd birthday party -- if I am brave enough to have it at our house, that is.

As soon as I gave Jacob a magician's wand, I regretted it. Here he is hitting the trees with it:





That circus tent is the cake. And it was ALL cake. Amazing.



Jacob leading the limbo line with Cookie the Clown:



He couldn't wait to have cotton candy:



And he LOVED it:





These things were hysterical. The kids were supposed to get in them and knock each other down:



Mooommmm, I can't ride the horse with my popcorn. Take it!



Taking a whack at the pinata:



And any fun day wouldn't be complete without Daddy throwing Jacob in the air



No comments: