Thursday, September 10, 2009

Gotta love paint!

Mark and I decided a couple of weeks ago that we wanted to paint the entire interior of our house. Don't ask me why we make these decisions when we have so much going on (8 months pregnant no less), but this is how we roll and I'm getting used to it. Who would have thought picking out paint colors would be so stressful?! Thank goodness we hired the most patient painter on the planet because after we changed our minds 3 times, I thought he was seriously going to throw his paintbrush in the air along with a white flag.

I have to say though, the results are outstanding. We've always been big fans of color in a home and when we moved into this house, the walls were sparkling white. I always wonder why builders don't put some sort of creamy beige on the walls, if anything to make the beautiful white crown molding "pop". I think the colors we picked did just that and I'm excited to share the transformation on the blog.

By the way, Jacob and I spent one entire afternoon watching them paint our family room and he was mesmerized. This room has extremely tall ceilings and one of the painters was up on this gigantic ladder trimming the tops of the walls. Jacob just kept saying "be careful!" ha. I was a nervous wreck watching him up there.

Family room before:



Family room after:



Kitchen before:



Kitchen after:







Master bedroom before:



Master bedroom after:



Master Bath before:



Master Bath after:



Guest Bedroom before:



Guest Bedroom after:



Guest Bathroom before:


Guest Bathroom after:



Office before:




Office after:



Front/Formal Room before:



Front/Formal Room after:



And these are just a few shots of the entryway and foyer. Unfortunately I don't have before pics:



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! It's amazing how the paint changed the rooms so much. The living room looks so much warmer. We're going to have to do the same thing if we ever get a house. I'm already thinking of colors. heh.