Thursday, September 3, 2009

Extreme Blog Makeover

You may be seeing some serious blog template experimentation in the next few weeks if you are checking it often. I realized that this blog has been dedicated to "Baby Jake Broxterman" since I started it and I feel as though I'm leaving Bebe Dos in the dark if I don't grow and expand the blog along with the family. Sooooo, my goal in the next few weeks (before this baby graces us with his/her presence) is to find the perfect template that represents the Broxterman Family as best possible.

Speaking of Bebe Dos, we had our 35 week appointment yesterday and we finally got to have another ultrasound. Our last one was at 19 weeks so it's been a LONG time since we've seen our babe in there! Doc did the ultrasound to try and determine this baby's size so that we can start to make birth plans armed with this information. After doing some measurements, the very-unscientific-method-of-determining-fetal-weight estimated that this baby currently weighs 6 lb. 4 oz. Right. Now. If you have no idea what that means, let me put it into perspective for you. Babies gain about 1/2 pound each week in the last couple of months. So, if this baby were to be born on its due date (40 weeks), baby would weigh about 8 lb. 12 oz. Additionally, if this baby went as long as Jacob did (41 1/2 weeks), baby would weigh about 9 lb. 8 oz -- right on target with Jacob's birth weight. How many of you out there still think this baby is a girl?!?!

Given this information, Doc is still set on inducing me around the 39th week so as not to let this baby overcook and get too large and end in another marathon labor. My thoughts are certainly mixed. I'm worried that 39 weeks will be too early, therefore it will end in a marathon labor anyway because my body isn't ready. And if we wait too long, baby will be too big and therefore end in another shoulder dystocia case. I guess all we can do is trust the Doc and hope that a) this baby is a normal size and b) my body is ready for an induction.

Happy 35 weeks and 2 days!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow Ang. You're all belly! You look great. I hope I look as good as you when I get to this point. Thinking about you!

Lindsay said...

Hey Angela! You look FABULOUS! We miss you out here in CA. xoxo, L, E, and a.