Thursday, March 11, 2010

My new hobby

A couple of weeks ago I announced to Mark that I was buying myself an anniversary gift -- a new lens for our Nikon! Unfortunately he wasn't as enthusiastic about it as I was, but hopefully he comes around and likes it as much as I do. I am obsessed with taking pictures of the kids lately and read that this particular lens was great for portrait purposes, especially in low light. It came in the mail yesterday and while I need to play around with it some more to really learn about its potential, I'm liking what I see already. Hopefully you will too. :)

Everyday, I am amazed at how beautiful this little girl's eyes are. They just blow me away.





We've been going on lots of walks lately while Jacob rides his bike. Of course he has to be silly for the camera.





These are full of crazy shadows, but I still love them







This last picture is very grainy because I was playing with the aperture setting, but I still love it because it captures so much of Jacob's personality. He was cracking up in this picture and I'm thrilled I got him smack dab in the middle of the throw-your-head back laughing pose.

1 comment:

kristy said...

LOVE these, ang. the one of jacob mid-laugh is so great. i'm a big fan of grainy pics with some blurriness because of movement.