Wednesday, March 17, 2010

There is nothing better than...

...watching someone else clean your house. Seriously. This is the first time we've ever had someone in to clean (other than a deep cleaning when we are trying to sell a house) and I am amazed at what they are doing. They cleaned the top of the family room fan 30 feet up in the air! They are batting at our artificial trees and ridding them of dust. They are scrubbing our microwave! These are things I always think about doing, but honestly, never, ever do (well, I do clean the microwave, but not like this. They are getting every tiny bit of splatter out of there.) After having Maddie and gaining a 4,000 square foot house, the cleaning has overwhelmed me. I think we might have them come once a month and in my opinion, it is worth every. single. penny!!

Yay for much needed HELP!

On a different note, I finally figured out what Jacob was saying in the video I posted a while back! Of course, I had to have Jacob say it for Mark and Mark figured it out right away. Jacob was saying "Spanish". He wanted to me to say the colors in Spanish! He can say most of them as well and I'm not sure if he's learning this from school or Dora. Either way, I'll take it. I love that he wants to learn words in Spanish.

His eagerness to read lately is really starting to show. When we're reading books, he follows along with the words as you read them and he'll point out the letters. I love that he knows what sounds all the letters make and if you say a word and ask what it starts with, he'll tell you by just recognizing what the first letter says! For example, if you say "What letter does the word 'ball' start with." He'll think about it and say "B"! Or vice versa, if you say "What word starts with the letter 'P'?" He'll think about it and try to come up with a word that starts with that letter. This is a bit more difficult for him, but he's getting better at it everyday! I really love watching the way he thinks...and his love of learning. It's the best!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

just wait. you'll get to every other week. i'll sacrifice my dinners out for my house cleaner!