Monday, March 15, 2010

Project Wall Letters - Done!

My Mom's League has a craft club that meets every month and at each meeting, they learn to make something super nifty. Unfortunately, I haven't made it to one of these meetings yet because a) they are always filled up before I have a chance to RSVP and b) I feel too guilty leaving Mark alone to put the kids to bed! For those of us who can't make it, the Mom's League publishes how to make that month's craft in the monthly newsletter. When I read about how to make your own wall letters, I was psyched because we had yet to put Maddie's name on her wall in her room and we had been meaning to do so since she was born.

Well, as goes any crafty project I undertake, it was laborious. Not because it was a difficult project, but somehow I managed to make it difficult...me and my non-crafty self. After 4 trips to Hobby Lobby and JoAnns Fabrics (yes I said four), I finally completed Maddie's letters. It didn't come out as spectacular as I had wished, but considering the blood, sweat and tears that went into it, those darn letters were going up on that wall no matter how ridiculous they looked.



5 comments:

Julie said...

I think it looks great. Nice work, Mama! :)

kristy said...

they look super cute! who says you aren't crafty?!

Jaemie said...

alrighty--send those directions my way! those are super cute!

Lindsay said...

Wow, great job! I'm with Jaemie... maybe I could make Annabel some letters of her own, so she doesn't think she is permanently sleeping in her sister's bedroom...

Hope all is well!

Unknown said...

i love them! did you paint them too?