Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Tuesday Mornings

Tuesday mornings are becoming busy days for Jake, Maddie and myself. Jacob has his swim lesson at 9 am so we all have to be out of the house by 8:30. Then, we usually head over to the Southlake library for toddler story time at 10:45, but not until we make a Starbucks run (a "pick me up" for the sole purpose of getting Mommy through the rest of the day). After that, we are all starving, so we like to stop at Subway for lunch. Jacob is a huge fan of Subway. Then it's time for much needed naps at home after all the excitement.

Jacob had his 2nd swim lesson today and did great. He's a bit hesitant to put his whole head in the water but I'll know he'll get more adventurous with each class. We also just found out that our friend Kyle is in our class and we are super excited about that. Today, they got to slide down a little toddler slide into the water. He loved it! Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera out when he went down the slide, but I did get him jumping into the water to his teacher.




One of the most frustrating things in the whole world is when Jacob is trying so hard to tell me something and I can't understand what it is. This rarely happens these days because his vocabulary and pronunciation have vastly improved, but every once in a while, he says something that I cannot comprehend! Here we are at Subway and he's saying a word that I just cannot get for the life of me. I STILL haven't figured it out!




Finally, we started giving Maddie "real" food yesterday. We tried rice cereal when she turned 4 months old and she had zero interest. Closer to her 5 month birthday, I tried the cereal that is blended with oats and barley and mixed it with pear juice. Man, she was a fan of that! Lately, she's been tracking everything we eat with a very curious eye and even grabs at our food! I thought it was time to try some peas. She loved them!! I sure hope she's as good of an eater as Jacob. I really don't want to have to learn how to feed a picky eater. That's one thing I'd rather not have to deal with!






It has been such a gorgeous day today, we had to end the morning with a visit to our favorite fountain in Southlake Town Square. My penny wish was for the kids to take good naps today. And voila, they've both been sleeping for 2 hours. At the same time! That NEVER happens! Hallelujah.



1 comment:

Jaemie said...

I asked Owen what Jacob was saying and he said "ayawna" and he said it means "you don't have anyone to play with" and then he said "I want to go to Jacob's house because he's my favorite friend."
:-(