Tuesday, July 7, 2009

27 weeks

It's hard to believe that I am 27 weeks pregnant today. Technically (well, according to Babycenter.com,) this is my last week of the 2nd trimester and I will officially begin the final phase of pregnancy next Tuesday. Overall, this pregnancy has been as seamless as the last, outside of a few more aches and pains this time around which I am going to fully contribute to my age. Or Jacob. Or, better yet, the way Jacob has aged me in the last 2 1/2 years. Mark and I are both way more exhausted these days!

The only thing that has been significantly different this time is the way I feel this baby inside me. I don't look as if I'm carrying low, but I walk around feeling like this baby could fall right out of me at any minute (TMI anyone?) I don't ever remember feeling that way with Jacob, nor worrying that gravity would have it's way with me. Maybe it's just because this is my second pregnancy and my body has already "paved the way" for this one so I can feel the sensation lower now. Who knows -- but I do have irrational fears that baby's little head is about to poke out before he/she/I am ready. I also feel this baby moving ALL. THE. TIME. I don't think he's ever resting, which makes me extremely nervous about his activity level when he's born. I love all the movements though -- even if it is a little painful sometimes.

I spent a few hours the other night going through Jacob's old clothes. What started as me wanting to sort out newborn and 3 month outfits turned into me going through all seven bins of his clothes and sorting them and re-packing them. I was hugely nostalgic when I was going through the clothes of his first year. It reminded me so much of Chicago. I would look at a pair of shorts and think "he wore that to the park the first time I put him on the swing" or "that was the shirt he wore in his first professional picture at 3 months old." I wanted to laugh and cry at the same time. I always take for granted how fast time flies...

27 weeks pregnant with Bebe Dos:



27 weeks pregnant with Jacob:

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Maybe you are carrying differently becuase you will have a little girl????????