Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July Fun

Southlake held it's annual "Stars and Stripes" event on Friday, July 3rd full of outdoor entertainment, games for kids and lots and lots of food. I probably went a little "spirit overboard" because I was planning our outfits weeks in advance. I knew what Jacob was going to wear and then I found a similar t-shirt for Mark so I decided that Daddy and son needed to be dressed alike (I'm lucky that Mark is a good sport!) Unfortunately, nobody really makes 4th of July maternity shirts so I had to get creative. I decided to just buy a tanktop and decorate it myself. My "Made in America" shirt was a big hit -- I even got stopped to take a picture!!

Jacob had a blast at Town Square even though it was 100+ degrees. I swear that the heat has no effect on that kid. It amazes me! He loved running around, playing with his soccer and footballs, eating snow cones and seeing the fire trucks. As it started to get dark, we kept telling him the fireworks were coming and he was super excited. When they finally began, he was sitting in Mark's lap and the look on his face was priceless. He was smiling from ear to ear and kept yelling "Yay! Fireworks! Boom, boom, boom, boom, boom, BOOM!!!!" While he loved them at first, anything can get old after 10 minutes and then he was ready to move on to the next thing! He really does have an endless amount of energy. We made it home around 10:30 pm and he finally fell asleep at close to 11 pm. I think that's the latest he has ever stayed up (3 hours past his bedtime). Mark and I were praying for him to sleep in the next day, but no such luck. Sure enough, at 6:30 am, he comes bounding down the stairs like his usual self saying "Mommy! Daddy! Green light!" (for those of you who haven't read the previous blogs, the green light goes on on his clock when it's okay for him to get out of bed). It still baffles me that late bedtimes don't translate into late mornings for this little man. He did take an extra long nap that day though which was needed for everyone.

Anyway, we had a great time officially celebrating (with fireworks) our 4th of July with Jacob. We can't wait to do it again next year!

















































No comments: