Monday, July 20, 2009

Dora the Explorer Live!

There is no mistaking the fact that Jacob's all time favorite show right now is Dora the Explorer. He LOVES Dora. In fact, earlier today in the car he said "Mama, I want a Dora toy. I love Dora toys." I don't know what it is about that silly girl, her triangular haircut and purple backpack, but the kids adore her.

We've been wanting to take Jacob to one of those live shows where he can see the characters in person singing and dancing on stage. I REALLY wanted to take him to a Wiggles concert but we will be in Chicago the weekend they are here in Dallas. So when I learned that Dora was coming, we jumped on it. We didn't even tell Jacob that we were going to see Dora until Saturday morning because I didn't want to have to hear about it for weeks before the day actually came. He seemed excited when he found out we were going to "see" her at her "house" as opposed to on the TV. When we got there, he couldn't WAIT to get to our seats.

As soon as the characters came on stage, Jacob's face lit up. He sang the songs and interacted with the show (jumping when they said jump, answering when they asked questions, etc.) He was totally into it. He just sat on me and Mark's laps the whole time and didn't want to move!

We will definitely be going to more of these types of shows. We all had a great time!
















1 comment:

Julie said...

This is so adorable. I want to watch that video of Jacob beforehand a million times - too freakin' cute! Glad y'all all had a good time. :) I must say that I love thinking of you three at a Dora show... sweet family!