Thursday, July 22, 2010

Funny brother and split pants

So much to write about and so little time! Grandma and Grandpa just left after being here for a few days to help while Mark is out of town. Thank you Grandma and Grandpa! More than anything, I feel less lonely when my parents are here and I sleep better at night knowing there are more ears in this house to listen for those little night cries.

Jacob took one of his incredible marathon naps today and at about 3 hours, I decided it was time to wake him up (or I'd never get him to bed at a reasonable hour). So, Maddie and I snuck in his room and lightly patted his leg to wake him. This never works, by the way. Inevitably, as soon as Maddie sees Jacob stir, she shrieks in excitement and the poor kid is awoken by screaming. Oh well, he seems to get a kick out of it. But today, he sat up with his sleepy little eyes and looked at me and said (as he stretched) "Mmmmm, that was a gooood nap." Then he got up and slid down his slide. I don't know why, but it was one of the funniest things I've ever heard/seen him do.

And, later today, would you believe Maddie SPLIT her pants? You know the kind of split I'm talking about. The my-pants-are-too-tight-and-when-I-bend-over-I-might-split-them-in-half kind. She literally did just that. She was crazy crawling around the floor and when she bent over, all I could see was diaper! Did I mention these were 12 month pants she just split down the middle? She's not even 10 months yet!! Good Lord, she is so much like her brother it's silly. I'm glad I've been investing in 18 month stuff lately!

More to come - but I've got a busy night ahead of me. Check the blog this weekend for the unveiling of Jacob's Lightning McQueen cardboard car! Don't even ask....

No comments: