Friday, July 23, 2010

PSE Car Day

We absolutely love Jacob's preschool. So much so that when I told them we were moving, I almost started bawling to the Director. I managed to hold back the tears until I got in the car but, at the time, I was completely overwhelmed with the thought of finding another preschool that we love in California. Since then, we have found one that we like and we can only hope that Jacob is as happy there as he has been at PSE.

Why do I love PSE? They do super fun things like "Car Day". For today's big day, we were told to decorate a cardboard box like a car and the kids will "drive" their cars around school all day. Well, let me tell you, I knew this was going to get out of control. I could go crazy with something like this. Of course, my first idea was that we had to create a Lightning McQueen car. When my Dad arrived in town on Monday, I quickly realized why it's in my genes to go crazy with something like this. No joke, I think he went to Walgreens, Hobby Lobby and Lowes (some of these places he visited twice) to get all of the materials for our car. Do you like how I just said "our" car? This is also what I realized in this process. It's no longer about the child involved. It wasn't Jacob's project anymore. It became "our" car rather quickly.

Thank goodness my Dad took it upon himself to help. I would have probably spent the whole week working on it during naps and bedtimes and it would have ended up frustrating me to the core. Thanks Dad!

Jacob was super excited to take his car to school today. When I walked in his room, I nearly fell over in laughter. There were three Lightning McQueen cars. Three!! I guess we won't win any points for originality. But I have to say, ours was the best looking car there. Yes, I said ours. :)

The finished product:













The "road" at the entrance of PSE:



Jacob's homeroom. Notice the other Lightning McQueen cars!



Jacob's was the biggest car by far.



The gas station!



The car wash!



Another room full of cars...



And another...




I can't wait to hear about the rest of Jacob's day. Apparently, they will be going to Driver's Ed, getting their cars inspected, going through the car wash and gas station, and watching a drive in movie while eating popcorn! Can I go back and spend the day with them?

1 comment:

Jaemie said...

That is one mighty impressive car! Well done.