Friday, July 9, 2010

No More Centipede

Maddie is really on the move now. No more centipede action for her. She's up on all fours crawling like a "normal" baby. And she's getting fast! She's also pulling herself up on anything and everything. Watch out if you happen to be sitting on the floor in the same room with her. She will tackle you and pinch whatever part of your body is accessible so that she can get a good enough grip to hoist herself up. It kinda hurts!

She's also becoming a big fan of waving. I was watching Ellen earlier on TV and at one point, a guest came out and was waving to the audience. Lo and behold, I look over and Maddie is waving back to him on the television. I just about died! That little stinker is TOO CUTE. She pulled her little green bow out of her hair today and kept trying to put it back on her head. She didn't understand why it kept falling to the ground. But, each time, she'd just pick it up and try and stick it back on her head. Ah, she makes mama laugh out loud.

Jacob makes mama laugh too. Here's a piece of our conversation in the car yesterday:
Jacob: Mommy, when I get bigger can I have a car?
me: Sure! But you have to get much bigger first.
Jacob: Yeah mommy, when I get bigger like Daddy, I can drive you around in the car.
me: You'll drive me around? That's so nice!
Jacob: Yeah mommy, you can sit in my lap and I'll drive you around.

HA. The image of that just had me in stitches. But that kid sure is sweet to think of that all by himself.

Here's a video of Maddie on the move:

No comments: